The Los Angeles art-collective Rogue Artists Ensemble is seeking a STAGE MANAGER to start work immediately on their production of Songs of Bilitis. Songs of Bilitis opens Thursday, February 14th at South Coast Repertory for 1 weekend as part of their Studio Series. The production will then move to the Bootleg Theater in Los Angeles and re-open on Thursday, March 7th and continue for a 4-week run at the same venue. Final performance on Saturday, March 30th with a possible extension to Saturday, April 6th.
Songs of Bilitis
Songs of Bilitis is an erotic psychological thriller, combining multi-media projections with puppetry, movement, sophisticated live audio-sampling and larger-than-life Greek masks. Rogue Artists Ensemble explores the true story of how and why a flamboyantly heterosexual avant-garde Parisian novelist successfully impersonated a lesbian Greek poet in the most elaborate erotic literary hoax the world has ever known. With themes of longing, homosexuality, feminism, and changing identity, Songs of Bilitis is an exciting combination of Moulin Rouge, Debbie Does Dallas and Inception.
Production features full nudity and strong sexual content.
More info about Rogue Artists Ensemble - www.rogueartists.org
· Attends all rehearsals and works closely with the director to communicate work notes to the production team.
· Responsible for coordinating actorsâ€™ schedules during rehearsal period and performance run.
· Responsible for calling technical all performances and managing backstage team and run crew.
· Experience with technology driven performances is desirable.
· Must have car and flexible schedule.
A small stipend is offered; however, the real reward will be creating a truly astonishing piece of theater.
Reasons why you should work with Rogue Artists Ensemble:
* Great opportunity for someone who wishes to connect with a group of like-minded and creative people who wants to work on unique projects.
* Rogue Artists Ensemble, a non-dues paying, not for profit arts-collective run by designers, technicians and storytellers is constantly seeking individuals to work with the company on a continuing basis.
* Rogue Artists Ensemble has a reputation for creating progressive vibrant work that gets seen!
About the Author: ENCI is an actor and recently turned writer and director. She is an urban cyclist, passionate about living intentionally, about leaving less behind and about living healthy. Enci is a member of SAG and AFTRA and is on the board of the 501(c)4 Bikeside and is co-founder of the Bike Writers Collective. Enci teaches all over town about web etiquettes and social media and is involved with the East Hollywood Neighborhood Council where she serves on the Arts & Culture Committee. Enci is passionate about leaning new things and currently she is studying ASL. You can visit her at http://EnciPerforms.com or read about her adventures at http://illuminateLA.com