The Ford Theatres in Hollywood are in search of a full-time Communications Assistant. Reporting to the Productions Marketing Manager, candidate will assist the communications team with marketing the Ford Theatres, a multi-disciplinary performing arts venue with programming in the 1200-seat Ford Amphitheatre, offering music, dance, family events and film from June through October, and the 87-seat [Inside] the Ford theatre, an indoor black-box theatre that presents new plays from November to April. The candidate will also assist with marketing the L.A. County Holiday Celebration, a free three-hour event that takes place annually on December 24 at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, presenting community and professional choirs, music ensembles and dance companies representing the diverse cultures and holiday traditions of LA County, as well as the L.A. County Arts Commission’s Free Concerts program. The Ford Theatres and L.A. County Holiday Celebration are programs of the Los Angeles County Arts Commission.
• Assist communications team with day-to-day marketing duties including, but not limited to, updating documents and databases, assisting with advertising buys, conducting online research, archiving press clippings, updating online artist workbook, sending reminders to season artists, coordinating summer season event postcard printing, distributing season promotional materials and maintaining internal communications calendar
• Assist with re-sizing photographs and other minor graphic design needs
• Interact with Ford summer and winter artists, and LA County Holiday Celebration artists
• Help brainstorm fresh audience engagement ideas
• Help identify ways to utilize and involve performers to participate and engage with marketing efforts
• Attend and help prepare materials for select Ford events, video shoots, workshops and rehearsals
• Assist with editing and writing press releases and create weekly press attendance lists
Project Period: Continuous
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: 1055 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 800, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Essential qualities and abilities: Consistent attention to detail and accuracy; ability to stay organized and meet deadlines; ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment; good telephone skills; ability to be proactive and plan ahead. Candidate must be reliable, honest and possess enthusiasm and dedication for the arts and the task at hand.
Required Oral and Written Communication Skills: The candidate must be able to present both oral and written information in a poised, persuasive and professional manner; possess the ability to work both collaboratively and independently; and interact successfully and effectively with a wide variety of people on-and off-site.
Compensation: $32,000 annually, plus benefits (health and dental).
This is a one-year, full-time contract position.
How to apply: Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter explaining why this position is of interest, resume, writing sample and a list of three references. All submissions should be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org.
Background: The Los Angeles County Arts Commission fosters excellence, diversity, vitality, understanding and accessibility of the arts in Los Angeles County. The Arts Commission provides leadership in cultural services for the County, including information and resources for the community, artists, educators, arts organizations and municipalities. To learn more about the Arts Commission, please visit www.lacountyarts.org.
About the Author: ENCI is an actor and recently turned writer and director. She is an urban cyclist, passionate about living intentionally, about leaving less behind and about living healthy. Enci is a member of SAG and AFTRA and is on the board of the 501(c)4 Bikeside and is co-founder of the Bike Writers Collective. Enci teaches all over town about web etiquettes and social media and is involved with the East Hollywood Neighborhood Council where she serves on the Arts & Culture Committee. Enci is passionate about leaning new things and currently she is studying ASL. You can visit her at http://EnciPerforms.com or read about her adventures at http://illuminateLA.com